Location: Hockley, Birmingham, B18 5AY.
Contract: Full time, permanent.
Salary: £11.90 an hour
We are a national manufacturing company with an exciting opportunity for a Production Team Leader to join us!
About the role
The Production Team Leader will be required to oversee the smooth running of their department in both operations and managing people as well as other duties that may arise from time to time.
They will ensure staff are trained and deployed effectively in the department and that they are all working to the required processes and procedures correctly.
The Team leader will have the responsibility to identify training gaps and also manage any issues that arise of employees.
They will be expected to have a clear understanding of all areas that they work in which could consist of Kitchen, Packing, Production, Dispatch and the ability to manage in each area.
Production Team Leader – Responsibilities
- Ensure departments are clean and are ready to commence production.
- Check all employees are available and have required PPE and personal hygiene standards in line with Company Policy.
- Delegate staff to areas required to work on shift and communicate clear instructions.
- To ensure all employees are using the equipment correctly and provide training to employees in all areas to ensure targets are met with efficiency and minimum wastage.
- Allocate work to appropriate staff and ensure they are performing to the required standard.
- Manage employee relations issues, monitor absence and lateness and complete Return to Works
- Ensure Health & Safety Policy and Procedures are adhered to by carrying regular checks
- Supervising of rotation of staff breaks and rotation at work ensuring sufficient cover at all times.
- Completing and verifying required departmental process documentation.
- Processing information on to in house system and using Microsoft packages
- Liaise with fellow Team Leaders and work with other departments to ensure that issues are highlighted and dealt with in good time.
- Carry out, monitor and verify all Quality Control procedure sheets have been correctly completed and manufactured to a safe product.
- Ensure that waste is minimised and accurately recorded including all relevant paper work is completed and maintained.
- Carry out hygiene and cleaning requirements in line with cleaning schedule and other needs.
- Identify hazards and evaluate the risks in the work place and Identify areas in need of improvement.
- Maintain and develop effective working relationships in your team, with your manager, and with people outside your team.
- Assist in all areas of the business as and when required.
- To work with Supervisors in operating supervision sessions and Annual Appraisals for members of the Team.
What we need from you:
- Able to command authority in all specific departments.
- To be visible on the factory floor. Requesting cover from another Team Leader during break/lunch times;
- Building and securing a strong communication system between all areas at all times:
- Having a positive, flexible and disciplined approach to work;
- Organised and able to use own initiative, deal with minor staff issues;
- Able to build a team working environment;
- Aware of Health & Safety, and Food Safety regulations;
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
- Having a flexible, knowledgeable approach to all areas in Production, Packing, Dispatch, Kitchen.
- Flexible and disciplined approach to work
- Able to work as part of a team and on their own
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role then apply today!