Summary of Position:
We are a national manufacturing company seeking an experienced Operations Assistant that has background in manufacture.
Cleone Foods is a food manufacturing company which supplies most of the UK top supermarket and wholesalers. Cleone also have a range of independent customers.
The role is extremely varied and requires someone who can work with ambiguity.
- Lead and manage all site operations to ensure efficiency growth and compliance while maintaining good food safety culture
- To oversee daily activities in assigned department and ensure the process is run efficiently from goods in, production, packing, dispatch and supply chain coordinating with HR, Finance and Maintenance.
- Manage the site Health and Safety with outside consultation.
- Manage data and monitor site KPIs and make sure targets are achieved.
- Coordinate with broker and insurance company on all business-related insurance.
- Coordinate with IT consultant and ensure all related issues are identified and addressed in a timely fashion.
- Liaise with the planning team an address any operation issues that could arise.
- Liaise with sales and marketing on all issues raised between our contracted logistic company and customers.
- Facilitate the implementation and delivery of all projects on site.
- Manage the dispatch department.
- Organise and lead the BRC audit for the site.
- Liaise with the technical department and provide support and cover
- Plan and organise Management meetings.
- Provide support to all other department as required
- Manage site contractors
Skills & Requirements:
- Relevant degree or 5+ years proven experience in a management position
- Strong budget development and oversight skills
- Excellent ability to delegate responsibilities while maintaining organisational control of branch operations and customer service
- Highly trained in conflict management and business negotiation processes
- Knowledge of general business software and aptitude to learn new applications; proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of management software programs, including Sage.
- Strong IT skills
- Financial and account reporting
- Knowledge of health and safety essential
- Strong project management skills
- Knowledge of health and safety
- HACCP qualification
- Project management qualification
- Working in manufacturing
- Food Safety and Hygiene Level 3