Summary of Position:
To be partly responsible for the overall day to day running of the office, working closely with the other Finance assistants, the Finance Manager and the rest of the Finance Team. The summaries of duties are essentially accounts receivable and payable, using sage, sales order processing, invoicing, credit control and administration of the major accounts through the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
The finance assistant must have some experience of working in a busy accounts department.
You need to have a flexible and disciplined approach to work, be committed to the development of the business and have the confidence to take charge and make sensible, responsible decisions as and when needed.
You must have the ability to work on own initiative and work as part of a team to achieve the business objectives.
- Allocate all payments to ledger via cheques, BACS and cash;
- Post all debtors invoices to the ledger;
- Cash reconciliation
- Check and process invoices from delivery or proof of delivery notes, amend if necessary;
- Upload EDI orders to sage and send invoices to customers via the EDI or through email;
- Produce credit notes as required;
- Liaise with customers regarding invoice queries;
- Reconcile sent invoices against statements and amend as required;
- Process all Debit Notes and post to ledger when necessary;
- Produce weekly and monthly report, eg. sales report
- Credit Control
- Monitor customer’s accounts and chase overdue payments as required;
- Send out statements as required;
- Liaise with customers accounts department and provide information as required;
- Chase all missing deliveries and claim as necessary.
- Support with financial and business reporting and forecasting
- Purchase Order Processing
- Input orders;
- Update order status on Sage;
- Input and post invoices to ledger after authorisation;
- Match batch invoices to purchase orders;
- Monitor Invoices placed “On Hold”;
- Oversee all processing and keep up to date.
- Cover all aspects of Sales Order Processing and other Administration duties as required;
- Deal with onsite customers
- Generate and issue customers documents for deliver and pick ups
- Set-up and amend customer information on Sage as required;
- General office duties and filing of delivery documentation;
- Assist in providing information for management plans;
- Liaise with other departments as necessary;
- Have adequate knowledge of Health & Safety, Hygiene Rules;
- Carry out other duties as required.
Skills & Requirements:
SAGE 50 essential
A previous accounts background is advantageous
Intermediate Microsoft office
Highly motivated and commercially minded with attention to detail
Proactive approach to managing work priorities and meet deadlines
Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under pressure and use initiative
- Knowledge of health and safety
- Strong Admin skills
- Intermediate MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- AAT or equivalent finance qualifications or 2 years’ accounting experience