Cleone Foods Ltd is a major player in the dynamic World Food category specifically our brand Island Delight is a market leader in the Caribbean chilled foods sector.
A driver will be required to cover for other drivers as and when needed. They will be expected to do long and short distance deliveries.
The driver will also work in the Despatch area which includes collating and picking orders, loading them onto pallets etc.
Driver Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain a relationship with the customer, which does not adversely affect the business.
- Fuel up vehicle from tank on site when return from route
- Contact customers as necessary to obtain their requirements.
- Collate daily orders and check with Despatch that orders are correct and ready.
- Check quantities are correct against order forms and invoices.
- Load vehicle, ensuring the load is evenly distributed to minimize damage to products.
- Check temperature of vehicle and ensure temperature is logged, and appropriate for product being carries.
- Notify Despatch of any returned and unsold goods.
- Liaise with Sales Administration regarding amendments to invoices or delivery notes.
- Ensure invoices or delivery notes are signed by the customers and any adjustments clearly shown.
- Collect cash or cheques.
- Complete vehicle routine maintenance check sheet before and after deliveries.
- Report all defects/accidents to the Transport Supervisor and complete relevant forms.
- Carry out cleaning of vehicles interior and exterior as required.
- Deal with delivery
- Dispatch stock control
- Picking orders
- Keeping the freezer and chiller to the required standard
- Supporting staff with inhouse sales
- Keeping the Warehouse clean and tidy
- Must have clean driving licence
- Would be useful to be FLT trained
- Basic computer knowledge
- Have knowledge of Health & Safety, Hygiene rules etc